Dr Femi Majekodunmi is a true democrat, born on November 5, 1948. Dr Femi Majekodunmi is a respectable family man and blessed with children who are mostly grownups and making substantial positive impacts in their various professions.
He finished his primary school education in 1960, soon after his primary school education, he enrolled into the famous Olivet High School, Oyo from where he obtained his West Africa School Certificate in Division 1 in 1966. While he was in Olivet High School Oyo, he started exhibiting his leadership qualities and passion for excellence in the things that affect the lives of members of the larger society.
Femi Majekodunmi was a House Prefect and was the Secretary of the Literary and Debating Society. These 2 positions were quite demanding, mentally and physically, for an average student at that time. It would have taken only a special student in pursuit of excellence to combine these responsibilities successfully and yet pass examinations excellently.
Dr Femi Majekodunmi proceeded to the prestigious University of Ibadan (UI) in 1968 to study Medicine where he successfully graduated as a Medical Doctor in 1974. He was not done with that, he later enrolled into the St. Thomas Hospital Medical School, London June-September 1973.
He returned back to the University of Ibadan (UI) to pursue post-graduate studies and training in Anesthesia and pain management, which are considered very complex aspects in medical studies.
Due to his leadership qualities, sincerity, honesty, resilience and ingenuity, he earned himself various exalted positions among his peers who were highly knowledgeable and committed to the actualization of the Nigerian dream.
Among the various positions held by Dr Femi Majekodunmi as a university undergraduate and a politician are
- Elected, Commissioner for JCR. Nnamdi Azikwe Hall, University of Ibadan: 1969-1970.
- Elected Member, the Student Representative Council, University of Ibadan: 1970-1971.
- Elected Chairman, Alexander Brown Hall (Clinical Students Hostel) UCH, Ibadan: 1972-1973.
- Elected President, University of Ibadan Student Union: 1972.
- Elected National Delegate UNCP Abeokuta South L.G. 1998.
- Elected National Delegate PDP Abeokuta South L.G. 2002.
- As the President of the Student Union of the University of Ibadan (UI), Dr Femi Majekodunmi had long before now laid a very solid foundation for his political carrier. His successful emergence in the political terrain was not a surprise to many people who have been closely associated with him
Dr Femi Majekodunmi political antecedent till date are as follows
- As a foundation Member of People Solidarity Party (P.S.P), Dr Femi Majekodunmi was very much involved with other well-meaning Nigerians in the formation of P.S.P. and was actually one of the three (3) members representing Ogun State in the Steering Committee that later transformed to P.S.P.
- He was a frontline Governorship Aspirant of Social Democratic Party in Ogun State. 1988-1991.
- He was the Chairman, Ogun State S.D.P. Screening Committee, 1992 National Assembly Election.
- He was a Gubernatorial Aspirant for Ogun State Governorship race in 1998 (UNCP).
- He was a member of the Ogun State Consultative Committee (2003).
- He is presently a chieftain and National Leader of Ogun State P.D.P.
- He was also the Chairman, P.D.P. Borno State Electoral Panel: Jan. 2007.
He’s a former chieftain in then PDP, and in his quest as a democrat, he joined like minds to form African democratic Congress (ADC) on that platform he contested for Ogun central senatorial seats which he later withdrew.
Dr Femi Majekodunmi added that as a mark of respect to the present administration than under Governor Ibikunle Amosun, he is fully back to the APC from his ward in Abeokuta South Local Government. He said;
- “My loyalty is now fully with APC. I hereby confirm that there is no more divided loyalty and will henceforth fully resume my activities in APC, starting from my Ward 1, Abeokuta South. ”
According to Dr Femi Majekodunmi, the decision was taken to return back to the APC after due consultations with his family members, relations and political associates within Ogun State and all over the country, stating that he has no regrets serving as a member of the ADC.
- “After due consultations with my immediate family, political leaders and teeming supporters across the length and breadth of Ogun State and all over the country, I have decided to resign my membership of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) and return back to the All Progressives Congress (APC)”.
- “This decision is the best I could take at the moment given the political situation in our dear state, Ogun State. Indeed, it was in the best interest of the people of the state as I believe that for now it is the APC that is in better position to continue to deliver the dividends of democracy to the people”.
Dr Femi Majekodunmi however, said that leaving the ADC does not mean its members are his enemies, stating that as a politician that has served the state in different capacities, he will continue to make himself available to serve the people irrespective of his return back to the APC.
Dr Femi Majekodunmi has constantly sought to do things that would impact the lives of the generality of Nigerians, and humanity, in many ways. In order for him to build on the foundation that has been set up by the present administration.
It will take a combination of vision, skill, intellect, the commitment and dedication to stabilize, adjust and grow the Ogun State economy while focusing on social reconstruction, environmental management, health care improvements, infrastructural development and development of the State’s human resources.
Dr Majekodunmi is the man that processes the qualities and character that will be required to implement these noble goals. He is down-to-heart, open-hearted, broad-minded achiever per excellence, a distinguished Medical Doctor, a renowned philanthropist, a Patriot, Sports enthusiast, Statesman and, political bridge-builder, dependable leader and indeed a believer in the ideals for a better Nigeria.
His exemplary leadership and care for others have brought to the fore the kind of hospitality and kind-heartedness that are to be expected from the distinguished Nigerian once he has been given the privilege to govern and serve the good people of Ogun State of Nigeria. This is Ogun State’s Dr. Femi Majekodunmi’s, a great, focused and unrepentant democrat of our time.
145 total views, 1 views today
- Hon. Ayodeji Michael Shomide Condemns Rape in the Society - June 10, 2020
- Happy Birthday to Prince Adeniyi Edun - June 6, 2020
- Nigerian Youth Parliament Applauds Gov. Dapo Abiodun for his Youth Initiatives Agendas - May 31, 2020