Meet Hon. Titi Oseni-Gomez (MFR), Yeyemofin of Kemta, Yeyemofin of Gbagura, Olootu of Egbaland, and the first female Speaker in the entire Southwest Geo-political zone of Nigeria. A self-motivated, result-oriented leader; not easily discouraged by novel situations. Exceptional and effective planning and organizational skills. Extensive experience in managing and relating with people at various educational and socio-economic levels.
The task oriented and decisive leader with intuitive ability to employ initiative to resolve challenges. A dynamic, astute, and committed administrator. Excellent verbal and written skills. Highly practiced and competent in public speaking, presentation of information, negotiation and conflict management or resolution.
Hon. Titi Oseni-Gomez National Honours
Member of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (MFR): Nov 2011
Awarded a National Honour of Member of the Federal Republic by His Excellency Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria)
Board Membership: 2016- Date
Oylex Petroleum Ltd. : Chairman
Quants Capital Ltd. : Director
Howell Campbell & Associates : Director
MD/CEO : 2011-2014
Laysla Nigeria Limited
Business Consultancy and brokerage services.
Importation and warehousing.
Consultancy for citizens in need of assistance from Government (Local, State and Federal)
Liaison and consulting for government agencies on youth empowerment.
Assistance with due diligence exercise on contract awards.
Organize and supervise oversea training and seminars for Niger Delta Indigenes.
Acting Chairman (Conference of Speakers) : 2007 – 2009
Elected in an acting capacity to serve as the acting Chairman, Conference of Speakers of the 36 State Houses of Assembly in the Federation of Nigeria.
Presided over several meetings of the Conference of Speakers.
Act as liaison between the conference and other government agencies on critical matters to move the Nation forward.
Mediate in disputes as they may arise between Houses of Assembly.
Initiated and chaired Southwest speakers’ conference
Member (Ogun State House of Assembly): 2007 – 2011
Hon. Titi Oseni-Gomez was re- elected to the Ogun State House of Assembly and re- elected Speaker of the Ogun State House of Assembly for the 2nd term in office, to further direct legislative duties.
Member (Ogun State House of Assembly): 2003 – 2007
She was elected to the Ogun State House of Assembly, to represent the citizens of the State. Worked across party lines to develop, craft, and pass legislative bills and motions to best serve the Ogun State people.
- Elected and served as Speaker of the Ogun State House of Assembly for an uninterrupted period of five (5) years.
- Created bi-partisan relationships between legislators and government representatives in all arms of the Ogun State government.
- Ensured the efficient passage of over 40 bills and 140 motions and resolutions that addressed the empowerment, enfranchisement and socio-economic growth of the citizens of Ogun State.
- Chaired the Southwest Speakers Conference where Speakers of the Houses of Assembly from the region caucused and deliberated on issues that affected the region and shared ideas on their advancement of the region.
- Balanced the budget annually for five (5) years.
Managing Director/CEO (Seven Oak Nigeria Ltd): 1998-2003
- Managed a computer hardware outfit and its five (5) employees.
- Staffed and trained the employees for optimal growth of the company
- Maintained the computers and networks.
- Sales, service, and maintenance of computers.
- Created and facilitated employee assessments.
Managing Director/CEO (Macy’s Fashion Outlet): 1993-1998
- Production and sales of Corporate fashion outfit.
- Maintenance of high value individual’s wardrobes
- Stock keeping, wholesale and retail of fashion accessories
- Organized corporate fashion shows for trendy customers
Credit Analyst (Ford Motors Credit Company USA): 1987-1993
- Appraised and analyzed credit.
- Conducted risk analysis and management.
- Monitored and ensured performance of credit.
Customer Service Advisor (AT&T USA):1985-1987
- Responded to customer complaints.
- Ensured customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Expanded the company’s customer base.
Civil and Political Activities
- Initiated the Forum for Female Parliamentarians in Nigeria sponsored by the British Council and OSIWA for five (5) years.
- Member of the Commonwealth Parliamentarian Association (CPA) which met annually to discuss the effects of globalization and the effects of nation-states’ contributions.
- Member of the PDP National Committee selected to review the Party’s constitution and manifesto.
- Chaired a Law Review Committee set up by the Attorney General of the Federation/Minister of Justice established to examine Nigerian laws and its impacts on women’s rights and amend discriminatory laws against women.
- Acting Chairman of Speakers Conference of Nigeria for two (2) years.
Education: B.A., Business Administration. UPSALA College, East Orange, New Jersey, USA. West Africa School Certificate. Abeokuta Grammar School, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Other Interest:s: Swimming, Lawn Tennis, Reading, and Traveling.
273 total views, 2 views today
- APC Abeokuta South Local Government Congratulates Hon. Afeez Balogun on His Birthday - December 23, 2020
- Hon. Afolabi Afuape Congratulates Rt. Hon. Titi Oseni Gomez and Hon. Ayo Shomide on their New Appointments - December 12, 2020
- Hon. Adetunji Henry Fagbenro Congratulates Chief Yemi Sanusi (Ogun State APC Caretaker Chairman) - December 12, 2020