The Ogun State Government team, led by Commissioner for Local government and chieftaincy affairs, Hon. Afolabi Afuape with Abeokuta South Transition Chairman, Hon. Ayo Shomide and his team on-the-spot assessment of yesterday’s flood in which property worth millions of naira were destroyed.
- Ijeja-Igbore bridge
- Amolasho bridge
- Kuto-Isale Oja Bridge
- Odo-Eran Abiola Way Bridges and
- the area affected by the heavy flooding.
26 houses marked already for demolition by the previous administration but residents kept deaf ears but stay in the market buildings.
- Dumping of refuses in the waterways also contributed to the flooding.
- Building near waterways very common in affected area with no drainages
Experienced flooding as a result of the dumping of refuses in the river. Also, building without considering step back for riverways. Blockage of the passage of water.
192 total views, 1 views today
- APC Abeokuta South Local Government Chairman Seeks for Synergy Among Members - January 17, 2021
- APC Abeokuta South Local Government Congratulates Hon. Ayodeji Michael Shomide - January 17, 2021
- Newly Inaugurated APC Chairman of Abeokuta South Local Government Congratulates the Ogun State Deputy Governor on Her Birthday - January 8, 2021