Honourable Afuape Afolabi Moruf who is popularly called “AFOO” was born on the 21st of May 1967 into the prestigious family of Chief Mojeed Akanni Afuape and Alhaja Sarat Ajoke Afuape (Both of blessed memory) of Oluwo Afuape compound Isale Itoko, Abeokuta.
- He attended Nawarudeen Primary school, Oke Ajela, Isale Itoko in Abeokuta between (1973-1979) for his First School Leaving Certificate
- He was also educated at St Peter’s college and Muslim High School Abeokuta respectively for his secondary school education between 1979-1984 before proceeding to Ogun State Polytechnic (now Moshood Abiola Polytechnic) between 1986-1988 where he obtained the West African school certificate advance level(A level).
After the successful completion of the advance level Program, he worked briefly with the National Population Commission before proceeding to the University of Lagos for his degree education. He holds a Bachelor of Science (B.sc) degree in Finance.
In his quest for more knowledge, Hon. Afuape furthers his studies and acquired two Master degrees from his alma mater. He holds Master of Science (M.sc) in Economics and Masters of Business Administration (MBA) respectively from the prestigious University of Lagos.
He started his career as a part-time lecturer at Moshood Abiola Polytechnic and due to hard work, he was absorbed as a full-time lecturer into the department of Marketing in 1997 and he rose to the Head of Department in 2002.
He is a light award winner of the Best lecturer in the school of Business Studies in the year 2001. He has equally won many other awards in both Academic and another sphere of life respectively.
He has many publications to his credit. He is the author of a practical approach to Business Finance and Financial Management 1&2, Co-Author Public Finance (Nigeria Economy In Perspective) and Principle of Micro and Macro Economics (with special reference to Nigeria). He has as well, many journal articles to his credit. He is the academia of great repute.
Hon. Afuape Afolabi Moruf has served at all level of Government in various capacity
At the State level, he was appointed as a member of the Ogun state transition work Groups on the cooperatives, Commerce and Industry Subcommittee in 2003. Served as the electoral officer to OGSIEC in 2004 and Governor Liaison Officer for Local Government election in 2007.
- He equally served the local government as the Secretary of the Abeokuta South Local Government from 2004 to 2006.
- He was appointed as a Special Adviser to the Speaker(Political), Federal House of Representatives in 2008. The position he held till June 2011.
He returned to the classroom as a lecturer at the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (Banking and Finance Department) after his meritorious service at the Federal level.
Hon. Afuape was again found worthy by the immediate past administration and was sworn-in as Honourable Commissioner for Youth and Sports on 29th October 2015. The position he held till November 2018 to pursue other political goals.
As a man who combined politics with academics, Hon. Afuape was the State Party agent for APC during the 2019 governorship election and ensured that the mandate given to His Excellency, Prince Dapo Abiodun MFR by the people was not overturned. Hon. Afuape is a serial entrepreneur and he is happily married with kids.
103 total views, 1 views today
- APC Abeokuta South Local Government Chairman Seeks for Synergy Among Members - January 17, 2021
- APC Abeokuta South Local Government Congratulates Hon. Ayodeji Michael Shomide - January 17, 2021
- Newly Inaugurated APC Chairman of Abeokuta South Local Government Congratulates the Ogun State Deputy Governor on Her Birthday - January 8, 2021