Hon. Afuape Afolabi Moruf (AFOO) was born on the 21st of May 1967 into the prestigious family of Chief Mojeed Akanni Afuape and Alhaja Sarat Ajoke Afuape (Both of blessed memory) of Oluwo Afuape compound Isale Itoko, Abeokuta.
Afuape Afolabi attended Nawarudeen Primary school, Oke Ajela, Isale Itoko in Abeokuta between (1973-1979) for his First School Leaving Certificate. He was also educated at St Peter’s college and Muslim High School Abeokuta respectively for his secondary school education between 1979-1984 before proceeding to Ogun State Polytechnic (now Moshood Abiola Polytechnic) between 1986-1988 where he obtained the West African school certificate advance level(A level).
Hon. Afuape Afolabi Moruf worked briefly with National Population Commission after the successful completion of his advance level Program before proceeding to the University of Lagos for his degree education. He holds a Bachelor of Science (B.sc) degree in Finance.
Hon. Afuape furthers his studies and acquired two Master degrees from the University of Lagos in his quest for more knowledge. He holds Master of Science (M.sc) in Economics and Masters of Business Administration (MBA) respectively from the prestigious University of Lagos
The Honourable started his career as a part-time lecturer at Moshood Abiola Polytechnic and due to hard work, he was absorbed as a full-time lecturer into the department of Marketing in 1997 and he rose to the Head of Department in 2002.
Hon. Afuape Afolabi Moruf is a light award winner of the Best lecturer in the school of Business Studies in the year 2001. He has equally won many other awards in both Academic and another sphere of life respectively.
He has many publications to his credit. He is the author of a practical approach to Business Finance and Financial Management 1&2, Co-Author Public Finance (Nigeria Economy In Perspective) and Principle of Micro and Macro Economics (with special reference to Nigeria). He has as well, many journal articles to his credit. He is the academia of great repute.
At all level of Ogun State Government, Hon. Afuape Afolabi Moruf has served in various capacity
He was appointed at the State as a member of the Ogun state transition work Groups on the cooperatives, Commerce and Industry Subcommittee in 2003. Served as the electoral officer to OGSIEC in 2004 and Governor Liaison Officer for Local Government election in 2007.
Hon. Afuape Afolabi Moruf equally served the local government as the Secretary of the Abeokuta South Local Government from 2004 to 2006. He was appointed as a Special Adviser to the Speaker(Political), Federal House of Representatives in 2008. The position he held until June 2011.
The Honourable returned to the classroom as a lecturer at the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (Banking and Finance Department) after his meritorious service at the Federal level.
Hon. Afuape was again found worthy by the immediate past administration and was sworn-in as Honourable Commissioner for Youth and Sports on 29th October 2015. The position he held until November 2018 to pursue other political goals.
By combining politics with academics, Hon. Afuape was the State Party agent for APC during the 2019 governorship election and ensured that the mandate given to His Excellency, Prince Dapo Abiodun MFR by the people was not overturned. Source
Hon. Afuape Afolabi Moruf is currently the Commissioner of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs
The MInistry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs saddled with the responsibility of ensuring good governance and spread of dividends of democracy to people at the grassroots as well as elevating the status of the Traditional Institutions in Ogun State.
Department under the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs
Department of Chieftaincy Affairs
- The Department is primarily concerned with all matters relating to the State Council of Obas;
- As well as attending to Chieftaincy disputes and complaints against the abuse of Prescribed Authority.
Department of Local Government Affairs
- The Department of Local Government Affairs coordinates the activities and affairs of all the Twenty (20) Local Governments and Thirty Seven (37) Local Government Council Development Areas in the State.
- It serves as the Secretariat for the State/Local Government Joint Account Allocation Committee which has to ensure that allocations forwarded to the Local Government Councils in the State from the Federal Account are promptly paid.
Department of Administration & Supplies
- The Department is responsible for the general administration of the Ministry.
- It coordinates personnel matters relating to recruitment, promotion, transfers, staff welfare, internal posting, training, discipline and disengagement of officers from the Civil Service.
Department of Inspectorate & Monitoring
- The Department inspects and monitors Local Governments’ Capital and Agricultural projects to ensure that Projects are executed to specification and on time.
- It reviews the monthly progress reports of activities; which include the Revenue and Expenditure Profile of all the various Departments in the Twenty (20) Local Governments.
Department of Finance & Accounts
- The Department maintains proper records of accounts and ensures prompt rendition of all Returns. For example; Consolidated Accounts, Bank reconciliation statements, Revenue and Expenditure Returns, Loans and Advances Returns and so on, as prescribed by the Financial Instructions.
Hon. Afuape is a serial entrepreneur and he is happily married with kids.
220 total views, 3 views today
- Hon. Ayodeji Michael Shomide Condemns Rape in the Society - June 10, 2020
- Happy Birthday to Prince Adeniyi Edun - June 6, 2020
- Nigerian Youth Parliament Applauds Gov. Dapo Abiodun for his Youth Initiatives Agendas - May 31, 2020